- Why Dubai
- Filming in Dubai
- How to Film in Dubai
- Made in Dubai
- Local Production Companies
- Public Interest
- Online Permits
Services Available in Dubai
Dubai is an important international tourism, events and conference destination, as well as a global center of business. As such, a mature and broad-based services sector exists to cater to these industries. For production crews, that means Dubai has the services infrastructure to support all types of shooting projects. Service providers include lodging, car rentals, travel and tour operators, catering and event management.
- Dubai enjoys a wealth of accommodations that serve a tourism industry that welcomes more than 9 million people a year from around the world. Lodging is available across all classes of hotels, from five-, four- and three-star hotels to furnished and serviced apartments, to meet all your housing needs for crew and talent.
- All major international and regional car rental companies have a presence in Dubai.
- A wide array of high-quality travel agencies and tour operators operate in the city to serve the travel needs of residents and visitors alike.
- There are hundreds of catering companies that provide services ranging from small in-home events and large hotel weddings to simple and elaborate social and corporate events.
- Dubai also is home to a wide range of event management companies that serve the full spectrum of clients, including business and government, travel agencies and tour operators, meeting planners, hotel groups and individuals.
‘World’s largest open-air stage’
For the simple reason that this thriving, lively and growing cosmopolitan city of more than two million people is the world’s largest open-air stage. From modern skyscrapers, turquoise seas and rose-tinted sand dunes to well-worn alleyways, gilded mansions and rugged mountains, Dubai has it all, which is why we say, “Make Dubai what you want it to be.”
Across the 1,587 sq.mi (4,110 sq.km) emirate, which encompasses a big city on a sparkling sea and a much larger rural interior, more than 200 nationalities coexist, working as bankers, marketers, teachers, pilots, fishermen, lawyers, architects, engineers, designers, shopkeepers, beauticians, entrepreneurs, painters, barbers, life coaches, horse trainers, farmers, coffee roasters, software engineers, and website designers – in short, the full tapestry of professions found in any major metropolis. This is a big city that is clean, modern and safe.
Because Dubai is a global crossroads, a tourism hub and a multicultural melting pot, Dubai is on par with London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris, as one the world’s leading international retail destinations.
Shoot more in less time
Shooting is supported by three state-of-the-art soundstages, numerous professional studios, the largest production base in the Middle East and North Africa, a hospitality and services sector known across the globe, fast and efficient logistics and telecommunications, a supportive government and knowledgeable film and TV commission, and 340 days of sunshine. All of which means you can shoot more in less time. It’s regularly the case that once producers come to town and see what this city has to offer, they increase their planned shooting days.
But perhaps most of all, Dubai understands business and the need to deliver results. That’s how this city has emerged to become a globally recognized finance, trade and business hub. Today, hundreds of thousands of businesses – from Fortune 500 multinationals to mom-and-pop shops – succeed in Dubai every day because of the “can-do” spirit that infuses the city. The same can be true for your film or television production.
Come be a part of this vibrant and growing production industry that since 2005 has produced over 6,000 productions of films, TV series and commercials. Join this growing media community. In Dubai, you can make your project happen.